Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Five

Happy Friday everyone. This weekend is the unofficial start to Summer. I am so looking forward to all the fun things NYC has to offer me this Summer. I hope everyone has a great weekend. Please remember what Memorial Day is actually about - not just BBQs and the beach, but the men and women who served our country. Here are my Friday favorites!

1. DisneyBound: DisneyBound is by far my favorite tumblr site to visit. The amazing Leslie Kay puts together adorable and fashionable outfits based on Disney characters, rides, experiences and movies. Leslie takes requests (she even put together an outfit for me for my birthday at Alice's Tea Cup) and manages to make dressing up like your favorite Disney character something every adult should do.


2. Pixar Movie Weekend: This weekend, AMC theaters will have 4 amazing Pixar movies in theaters once again. Wall-E, Up, Toy Story 3 and Ratatouille, will screen in select movie theaters nationwide. Wall-E is by far my favorite Pixar movie (possibly my favorite movie ever) and I never got to see it in theaters. This is a great time to experience it. While everyone will be clamoring for Men in Black 3, I get Wall-E on the big screen. Check out the AMC site. Most places are offering the Pixar fils for $6 a ticket.


3. R2 Fish School Training Kit: The R2 Fish School is a complete training kit that claims to include everything you need to teach your fish tricks. Does it work? I have no idea. Is it awesome? A fish that can do tricks - yes it is awesome! The videos on the site shoe fish doing some incredible things, so I might have to check this out. My beta fish, Barnabus, spends his days in the mouth of a ceramic shark. This is much more interesting.


4. Polaroid Z340: The Polaroid Z340 is a digital camera with instant printing capability - think  your cell phone camera merged with a 1980s polaroid. Digital images are instantly printed into 3"x4" photos. They can be printed with or without borders - that adorable white polaroid border can be omitted if you so choose. The rechargeable battery lasts thru 25 photos (a little low if you ask me, but this is still a great idea).

5. Fleet Week: From now until May 30, New York will be celebrating Fleet Week with plenty of events to honor the men and women of the United States Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard. This year there will be aerial demonstrations, a parade of ships and plenty of adorable men (and women) in uniform.


No comments:

Post a Comment