Monday, May 7, 2012

Building a Bar

One of my favorite things about our tiny apartment is our bar cart. It is small, but functional. My husband, a sometimes bartender, loves to have a fully stocked bar and I appreciate the cart's ability to be functional and cute. Right now our bar is a dark espresso wood, but the colorful bars at Society Social have given me a lot of ideas and I think I will be painting ours fire engine red. You don't need a cart to create your own bar. I have seen really nice bars set up on fireplace mantles, tray tables, sidebars and even counter tops. Here are a few things to help complete your bar:





Hand Painted Wine Decanter



Matching hand Painted Shot Glasses


Champagne Bottle Plate - perfect for cherries, limes and olives


Kikkerland Graffiti Cocktail Shaker


Custom Lacquer Tray from Iomoi


Boatman Geller Monogrammed Ice Bucket


Disaronno Amaretto - A MUST for my bar!

Bar Ideas from Society Social


Southern Living, March 2010

Tori Mellot's Apartment. Domino, September 2008

Eddie Ross' Apartment  Domino, October 2008

No comments:

Post a Comment