Friday is finally here! I have been M.I.A. for a while, but I am back and feeling quite inspired. I hope everyone enjoys a great weekend. In New York, it is going to be sweltering, so stay hydrated. Here are my five favorite things for this week. Enjoy!
1. Photoville NYC - Located in Brooklyn Bridge Park along the waterfront, this unique photography exhibit is made up of freight containers "transformed into temporary exhibition spaces." There are many photography styles and techniques used throughout the exhibit and it all comes together into a large, ecclectic mix that can appeal to anyone who enjoys photography. Showcasing works from amateur photographers (the "underage" section featured works by artists all under 18), student photographers and professionals, Photoville had something that could speak to everyone. The scenerey was enjoyable, the selection of food trucks were great and the workshops offered were very interesting. I went to Photoville last weekend and was thoroughly impressed. f you have time this weekend, check it out before it closes. Oh, and if you like to spend time with your dog on the weekends, Photoville is very animal friendly. There is even a dog run for your pup.
For more information click here
2. iPhone Scuba Suit - I love that I know will have the ability to take my phone in to the water with me and get some great underwater shots. While I am not a big beach person, I think this will be fun for some goofy pool images. This case is 100% waterproof, so there is no need to worry about any damage.
3. Princess Vera Wang for Kohl' - On July 9, Vera Wang will be launching her new line Princess Vera Wang - a wallet-friendly junior's line of clothing, jewelry, shoes and accessories for Kohl's. While I do not usually shop in the junior's section, the video has my inrest peaked and I can definitely see myself mixing in many of the pieces. The line is will combine Vera's "vision of playful sophistication and incorporate many of the styling elements and design characteristics for which she is best known, including mixed media and artful whimsy."
4. OPI Spotted - Because shattered nails are so "last year", OPI has released its newest top coat effect polish - "Spotted." Apparently, the polish is only available in France. It replaces the Green Shatter from the Spiderman Collection. I love the look and have found it readily available on ebay, if you are willing to pay the hefty price.
Image found on lacquernails.tumblr.com
5. Summer Berry Pizza - Have you ever eaten something and felt that all is right in the world? Well, sorry if I sound dramatic, but that is how I felt when I ate this dessert pizza. It was amazing. Every bite was perfection. We cheated and used store bought pizza dough, but the result was heavenly. Everyone should run out and get the ingredients for this pizza! The recipe can be found here.
Receipe found on DonalSkeehan.com