Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The Jazz Age

I know it is not being released until Christmas Day, but I cannot stop thinking about Baz Luhrmann's remake of The Great Gatsby. Luhrmann, known for directing Moulin Rouge & Romeo + Juliet, creates such beautiful and colorful films, that I cannot help but be excited for this one. The movie stars Leonardo DiCaprio as Jay Gatsby, Tobey Maguire as Nick Carraway and Carey Mulligan as Daisy Buchanan. There was a lot of speculation on whether Carey Mulligan would be able to handle the role of Daisy Buchanan, but anyone who saw her performance in An Education would not need convincing. Mulligan is beautiful and carries herself with such grace. Oh and have you seen her hair? The cut is to die for. She is inspiring me to take the plunge and cut off all of my hair, again. Here are some photos from the set of the movie:

Check out those two-toned tights!!

I am going to go out on a very obvious limb and say that there will be many ladies channeling Carey Mulligan's Daisy on New Years Eve this year! I will probably be one of them. If you haven't already ready The Great Gatsby, go get yourself a copy. It is a great story. I am currently Fitzgerald obsessed. I am reading This Side of Paradise - Fitzgerald's first novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment