Thursday, April 26, 2012

Dark Shadows

Is it May 11th yet? I have been patiently awaiting the opening of Tim Burton's Dark Shadows for several reasons. Tim Burton is probably my all time favorite director. I could be really cliche and say how much I love Quentin Tarantino and Martin Scorsese, which I truly do, but Burton has my heart. Big Fish and Edward Scissorhands!!!! Burton has been a huge influence on my photography. He manages to have these muted colors in his scenes and then out of no where the brightest pop of color comes in and changes the entire feeling of the film. It is amazing. Another amazing thing about Tim Burton movies - Johnny Depp! Burton and Depp have a special relationship and that is fine by me because I love watching Mr. Depp on the screen.

Dark Shadows  is based on the 1966 soap opera of the same name, so there is bound to be some campiness and lots of comedy like many of Burton's films. The initial trailers and stills from the movie look like it is set in the same late 60s to early 70s time period as the original. If so, I expect some gorgeous costumes and a more than a few young ladies to take their cue from the adorable Chloe Moretz and channel their inner hippie.

Original Cast of the Dark Shadows television show


2012 cast of Tim Burton's movie version


Even as a centuries old vampire, Johnny Depp is gorgeous

Does Michelle Pfeiffer ever age? She is flawless.


I love the adorable Chloe Moretz and I need to get my hands on a pair of those purple tights.

No comments:

Post a Comment