Monday, April 16, 2012

Friday Five (on Monday)

Ok so I am a few days late, but my favorites from last week are too good to pass up. So here's a little bit of Friday on this Monday morning.

1. Momma's Boys of the Bronx: I am a Bronx girl. I cannot imagine growing up anywhere else. I have lived in Morris Park and Arthur Avenue my entire life. My family is from Arthur Avenue - some still living there, so Momma's Boys of the Bronx hits close to home. The show is hilarious. It features five 30-something Italian-American men who still live at home and are taken care of by their mothers. This is not a Jersey Shore type of reality show featuring "guidos" and marathon drinking sessions. This show is about the value of friends and family. There are plenty of comedic moments in the show - the clip of Anthony's mother talking about the girls he brings home even got the WPIX 11 reality clip of the week. So lets support these Momma's Boys of the Bronx and help make the show a huge success.


2. Glee: Glee is finally back from hiatus and it was worth the wait. Hello Matt Bomer!!!!! He's not just a pretty face. Bomer sang two songs with Darren Criss (Blaine) and I was blown away. It could have been that they sang three of my favorite songs: Gotye's Somebody That I Used to Know and a mash up of Duran Duran's Rio/Hungry Like the Wolf mash-up. I do love Duran Duran!! The show was great, even without a Rachel solo. I cannot wait to see how the season plays out.


3. Test Tube from New Beauty: Here is a little secret about me - I am obsessed with the mail. I love having packages and magazines waiting for me when I get home from work. Test Tube from New Beauty is my favorite package to get in the mail. Every three months a hot pink box is delivered to my door. In it is the newest issue of New Beauty Magazine and a tube of exclusive beauty products that never disappoints. For $29.95, you get between 6 and 10 deluxe and full size samples of the latest beauty products. The magazine alone costs $9.95! It is a fantastic deal. This box contained a full size Mally shadow stick and a full size Moroccan oil frizz control.


4: Sam Edelman for AE: American Eagle Outfitters has added the fabulous shoe brand Sam Edelman to its "brands we love" section. As a shoe lover, I truly appreciate this. Sam Edelman shoes can cost up to $150 and while I love the brand, the price sometimes poses a problem. The Sam Edelman shoes for AE are affordable and adorable. Platform sandals, espadrilles, ballet flats and gladiator sandals are all part of the collection that ranges in price from $39.95 to $59.95. Currently AE is offering buy one get one for 50% off on most shoes. Check them out here.
Sam Edelman for AEO Gladiator Flats


5:  Holga Filter lens iPhone case: Urban Outfitters is currently selling my new favorite iPhone accessory and I must have it now. My Holga obsession is nothing new. I took more pictures on my Jack White Holga during my trip to California than I did with my dslr.  Now I can have the best of both worlds - holga-style photos from my iPhone. The case features a spinning wheel with 9 filters attached to it. Just spin and shoot. Lenses include colors, heart shape and a 60mm macro lens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment