Friday, February 3, 2012

Friday Five

T.G.I. F. Friday is here!! Here are my Five Favorite things from this week:

1. Glee Tribute to Michael Jackson: There were so many things that I loved about this episode - Finn and Rachel engaged, Artie dancing, Santana's singing/manipulating/taking the high road and Sam and Mercedes reuniting. This episode did not disappoint me. It might be one of my favorite episodes ever.


2. Groundhog Day: On February 2, people across the country waited patiently to find out if there would be six more weeks of Winter or if Spring would come early. Staten Island Chuck didn't see his shadow, but Punxsatawney Phil did. I am going with Chuck - he's a New Yorker. Plus, with the balmy winter the East Coast has been having, it feels like Spring is just around the corner.


3. Billy on the Street: If you are not watching this show, you are missing out on the funniest stuff on television. Billy Eichner mixes comedy, pop culture and his personal opinions and gives you the  best half hour of tv. His Meryl Streep showdown  made me an instant fan.

4. 2012 SAG Awards Fashion: There were so many gorgeous looks on the red carpet for the SAG Awards. Here are my favorites.


 From left to right:  Michelle Williams in Valentino looked stunning from head to toe.
Emma Stone in Alexander McQueen reminded me so much of a modern day Audrey Hepburn.
Viola Davis in Marchesa looked like a Grecian goddess.


Emily Blunt (that slit!) in Oscar de la Renta and John Krasinski in Prada looked amazing and should win an award for the most fashionable couple - followed closely by Kyra Sedgwick (those cutouts!)  in Pucci and Kevin Bacon.

5. Banana Republic's Second Mad Men Collection: The first collection designed by the show's costume designer, Janie Bryant, was a huge hit in my book when it was released last August. The cuts were flattering for different shapes and sizes and I cannot wait to see what the new collection will bring.  The mere mention of this collaboration has me so excited. There will be 40 pieces in this capsule collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment